[Evolution] Can PGP/GPG autodecryption be disabled?

Hi,

I found Evolution and love it, but I need to be able to gain access to the
ciphertext of a PGP formatted message for use in another package. Evolution
1.08 running on my RedHat 7.2 install seems to be anxious to decrypt it ...

Poking around the source code, I noticed that Evolution is keying off the PGP
headers in:

    ./mail/mail-format.c

Is there an existing way to shut this functionality off? I couldn't find a
global or flag that might affect this behaviour...

Any ideas short of making myself a custom version of evolution? I'm not sure
that I'm up to the task of building my own binary just yet and the thought of
diverging from the mainstream code base isn't exactly appealing. Am I just
missing a switch somewhere that disables auto-decryption?

Thanks
Bill

ps ... sorry if this is a duplicate post, I tried submitting it yesterday
before I had subscribed, but I never saw it arrive in the archive and I
didn't get any response.