Re: [Evolution] Scope of filtering rules ; IMAP + filtering: The network load issue.

Hi Not Zed,

On Wed, 2002-10-02 at 11:56, Not Zed wrote:
On Wed, 2002-10-02 at 20:51, Francois Taiani wrote:
Hi everybody,
[-snip-]
2) The knowledge database says that with IMAP: "New messages don't get
filtered until you open the INBOX folder." The motivation is that : "It
[...] prevent[s] unnecessary traffic on your network."
Though that certainly apply at home, the traffic load is absolutely not
an issue at my office. I would find it very useful to be able to tell
evol it can filter my mail even if I'm not looking at the INBOX (in the
same way Mozilla does it for IMAP).

i dont know what the knowledge base is on, the only reason its done like
that is that until you open the inbox, it doesn't know if you have any
new messages to filter.

In my account editor I've selected "Automatically check for new mail
every 1 minute". I would have though that by doing this evol would knwo
if new mails have arrived (and in fact it does display the number of new
mails available in Inbox in the folder tree). What I was thinking of
would be a suboption like

".. and filter incoming mails immediatly after the check."

Cheers

Francois

--
Francois Taiani