Re: [Evolution] Visor Synch (USB) with Evo 1.2 and RH8

I attempted to run gpilot-control-applet --cap-id=1 and this was the
result;

** ERROR **: Error initializing gpilotd capplet
aborting...
Aborted

Have I done something terribly wrong?

Todd

I have this working with evolution.  rh 8.0 is rather messed up when it
comes to evolution. The documentation is quite out of date as there is
(afik) know control panel as in gnome 1.4.

I found on a rh mailing list the following command:

gpilotd-control-applet --cap-id=1

Ran it and a tool to enable conduits (including evolution) came up.
You also have to make sure gpilotd is running. It worked for me.
Of course, the sync for addressbook ignored all my category info! :-(

Why this isn't on the faq, I don't know.  :-)

Ryan