Re: [Evolution] Cannot hear the Bell

Mark,

I understand everything in your list with the exception of "not added to
the list of notifications".  I can not find this anywhere in V 1.2.

This is what I have done:

Tools => Settings => Mail Preferences => General tab =>
New Mail Notification => Play Sound File When New Mail Arrives =>
(specify path to sound file)

What other setting needs to be made?  I am also not getting sound
notification.

I am using GNOME under RH 8.0.

Barry

Well, there are a million ways to have this misconfigured.  Here's a
partial list:

- sound notification selected but not added to the list of notifications
- sound added to list but no sound file selected
- speakers turned off
- speakers not plugged in
- low-level sound configuration issues
--
Barry Skidmore           |
skidmore worldvenue org  | There are 10 kinds of people in the world: