Re: [Evolution] Alarms + zaurus sync

On Sun, 2002-11-24 at 14:02, Ryan Leduc wrote:
I use evolution 1.0.8-10 on rh 8.0.   I want to set an alarm so that an
e-mail to my primary mail account (which I can check from multiple
places) is sent.

I tried setting a reminder, and choosing "run a program" and then
specifying an appropriate mail command.  What happened was a window
popped up asking me to confirm running the command.  As I would have
only known this if I was at the console of the machine I sent the
message on, this defeated the purpose of remote notification.

Is there any way this can be overrided?
If you can update to 1.2 there is a checkbox, at least for the rules, to
select to trust this application. So you  have to do this exercise only
once. Can't remember if that is required from calendar. Here is why, I
have written some extension for evolution, one allows you to send a
"reminder" via email for am alarm to people in the contact list of
calendar for that alarm.  It also allows the use of the alarm summary as
arguments to an application run from a rule or alarm or as the mail.  If
you want to use it, your are more than welcome. But have to wait for
evolution after the gnome2 port to include it, or parts thereof. The
port has  absolute priority. For now you have to compile your own
evolution to use it.  I use it get important info via SMS, when I'm not
at my system to watch it.

Also, I want to avoid having an alarm go off on my palm pilot (which I
sync with) as well as evolution on my screen.  Does anyone know which
option (display message or play a sound) will not generate an equivalent
alarm on my pilot?

Sorry don't know. I don't use my palm anymore all important stuff is
filtered and send via SMS to my cell.

Third question. Does anyone know if there is an easy way to get
evolution to sync with a sharp zaurus? (question is actually for a buddy
of mine who just bought one).

Ryan