Re: [Evolution] Configuring Gnome-pilot on RH 7.3 for Palm m500

On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 14:20, Mertens Bram wrote:
Hi,

I bought a Palm m500 this morning and I'm trying to set it up (with the
USB cradle) so I can sync it with Evo (1.2) on RH7.3.

RH7.3 palm support does not work with USB, unless you have an updated
pilot-link and gnome-pilot packages (as well as an evolution linked to
those library versions).

When I last used 7.3 (start of october), RH & Ximian packages did not do
this.

If you do have support for this you need to open up the pilot capplet,
and produce a device on /dev/ttyUSB1 with USB type (NB /dev/ttyUSB0 is
also your palm, but not the hotsync channel).  You also need to amke
sure your kernel has the appropriate modules and hotplug config to talk
with the palm, and that the device permissions are appropriate.

It all just works on RH8 (although you need to set the device right).
Not sure what happens if you use a symlink at /dev/pilot for a USB
device since the target device node is dynamic.

        Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel Metheringham InTechnology co uk ]