Re: [Evolution] New Mail display not working properly

Nope, it was a straight 1.2 install, with mail imported from mbox folders.

It appears that fixing that one folder has fixed all the other folder notifications.

-----Original Message-----
From: Not Zed <notzed ximian com>
Date: 20 Nov 2002 12:08:23
To:Damian Gerow <damian sentex net>
Cc:evolution ximian com
Subject: Re: [Evolution] New Mail display not working properly

Anyhow, it's kind of a pain to not know if new mail has arrived.  I
can't use the sound, since Evolution isn't running on my workstation,
otherwise that would be a viable workaround.

Any ideas?

I seem to have possibly figured out a workaround...

1) move all the mail in the non-new-mail-displaying folder to a newly
created folder
2) delete the old folder
3) quit Evolution
4) % killev
5) % killev
6) % killev ; echo "Just playing overkill."
7) Start Evolution again
8) Rename the newly created folder to the old folder, update filter
rules, and voila!  New mail is now shown.

Oddly enough, I did this for the initial problem folder, and it seems to
have solved the problem with a couple of other folders...

Hmm, thats interesting.  Did you upgrade from an earlier version of
evolution?  Did you use any 1.1.x versions?

It may be that the folder names it thinks it has doesn't match the ones
it uses, so the updates get lost on their way to the display of folders.