[Evolution] Palm sync

[Subject modified to be more appropriate]

On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 13:10, Christoph Lehmann wrote:
does anybody successfully use a palm with evolution 1.0.8 (sync task and
adresses?)

Yes - although if I remember rightly I had to update or add something to
the gnome-pilot package (this is RH8.0 - I assume thats what you meant
because of the subject, although the rest of the subject was
inappropriate).

In general palm sync works very well with no extra work for any serial
connected palm.

For a USB connected palm you need a recent pilot-tools and gnome-pilot
package.  You also need evo to have been linked against that sort of
vintage package during build.   RH8.0 works fine with either serial or
USB, RH7.x requires updates/rebuild (the Ximian packages are not
sufficiently up to date either for USB).   Other distros will vary.

Evolution 1.2.x also syncs fine - again on RH8.0 using ximian evolution
package.

If you use DateBk4/DateBk5 ( http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/datebk5.htm
) then every still works, except the specials for categorisation and
stuff are put in the Note field in evolution.   [DateBk5 rocks -
especially if you have a colour palm]

        Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel Metheringham InTechnology co uk ]