[Evolution] Japanese doesn't display in Evo 1.2

I used to have no trouble displaying Japanese email in Evolution 1.0.8,
but now it doesn't show up at all. All I see is underlines. I'm able to
send mail in Japanese (for example, これは日本語); it just doesn't display.
I've set the encoding to ISO-2022-JP, and Japanese displays correctly in
other applications, but not in Evolution. What do I have to do to get it
to display properly?
--
Stuart Luppescu       -=- s-luppescu uchicago edu
University of Chicago -=- CCSR