[Evolution] Unicode and evolution

Hi there,

I am using RH 8.0 with gnome desktop. Red hat is saying that the latest
version is completley supporting unicode.
The problem I have is when receiving emails in my language (Persian,
Farsi) Evolution does not show them and all I can see is a row of small
boxes instead of the characters. I have installed two languages, one is
en_US.UTF-8 and fa_ir.UTF-8.
I am guessing that the problem is related to the fonts that I have on my
linux box or evolution can not find the unicode fonts.

Any input is appreciated.
Thanks
Hamid