Re: [Evolution] Updating to 1.2 but not with red-carpet

On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 14:43, Daryl Manning wrote:
Probably a silly question, but I am running vanilla RH 8 and am using
apt4rpm as my primary update management mechanism. Much as I love ximian
and particularly evolution, red-carpet hosed me once (my fault -
development snaps) and I've been ecstatic about apt ever since.

Is there an spt repository somewhere with the latest evolution snaps and
such or do I really need to go and install ximian desktop proper? (not
that that would be a totally bad thing, just lazy =} ).

I have a very experimental (ie never tried playing with an apt
repository before) ximian RH8 set at:-

 rpm http://zeniiia.linux.org.uk/pub/apt-rpm/ ximian-redhat-8.0-i386/ximian gnome evolution-beta

evolution-beta was the release candidate in ximian-evolution-beta
directory, gnome is their normal gnome distro (or just the release
evolution for RH8 at present).  The snapshots do not appear to be being
generated for RH8 so they are not available.  If I see them appearing
then I will add those to the list of apt sets built.

        Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel Metheringham InTechnology co uk ]