Re: [Evolution] red-carpet on Solaris just stopped working... new distributions.xml file at fault?

I'm not sure if it's really a bug.  I looked at the source and best I
can figure out it crashed because when it called the distribution file
parser it didn't get back a single response (I'm not sure how it handled
getting a double response as I didn't run a debugger on it) and didn't
check that it had a proper response before it went on to use it.  It's a
bug to assume you get a correct response from a routine that should
return correct responses, or for the routine to only expect one entry
per OS in that XML file?  Both seem fine assumptions to me, since you
have control of both...  Maybe a little better error handling would be
good, but if you always checked everything we'd all run out of disk
space very fast =O{  I imagine though that a bit of careful dicking with
the distributions.xml file and some DNS poisoning to get someone's
red-carpet to read your file rather than the official one, on top of
red-carpet always being run as root could be a problem though...  Maybe
it should be seen as a security issue?

Mark.