Re: [Evolution] reading / writing mail with Japanese fonts (iso-2022-jp)...

On Fri, 2002-11-08 at 00:33, Thomas O'Dowd wrote:
Hi Larry

Could you suggest a font that works for Japanese? I tried everything on
my system at this stage as far as I can tell. I managed to get Japanese
to display using a font called efont but then normal ascii doesn't
display. I have lots of other Japanese fonts installed but nothing else
would display Japanese properly with 1.1.90 or earlier betas. This all
used to work with 1.0.8 with the normal Helvetica/Courier combination
specified in html viewer fonts.

What is the xlfd of the font you were using before, and in particular
what encoding did you choose?  What locale are you using?

--Larry