[Evolution] Upcoming Evo. 1.2 distribution support

I would like to know what the official stance will be on supported
distributions for the upcoming Evolution 1.2. I noticed that after
1.2beta2, a 1.2RC1 release was not made for SuSE 7.3, the distro I
happen to be running on my home computer. I was testing it out on my
personal machine so I didn't have to interrupt my daily workflow with
any possible problems.

Regardless, I am now left with a 1.2Beta2 running on there with no
upgrade path available to me right now. I'm not exactly sure why
development abruptly stopped for SuSE 7.3 during this, but it leaves me
hanging. Will there be a final 1.2 for 7.3? If not, why? Was there going
to be any official statements made as to distribution support?

I read in the knowledge base that as of 9/11/02 about dropping support
for older distros over time. Perhaps with the recent release of SuSE 8.1
you've decided to drop support for 7.3. Some warning or announcement
would be nice though. I run 7.3 pro on my work notebook and use
Evolution 1.0.8 exclusively for email. I was looking forward to moving
to 1.2 soon, but now I'm not so sure I'll be able. Please let me know
what the future holds for Evolution. Thanks.

Pardon my rant. Just needed to write :-)

- Greg