Re: [Evolution] Proxy - newsfeeds and mail

On Thu, 2002-05-30 at 15:41, Mike Leckey, Jr. wrote:
Before I submit a bug, I wanted to ask if anyone else has seen this
prob.

I have put my proxy info in via nautilus.

When I go to the summary, the weather and newsfeeds do not display.

The weather says "There was an error downloading data for Phoenix"

and the newsfeeds (/. & the register) say "Error downloading RDF:"

BUT, if I open an HTML mail message (daily Dilber), and load images it
works just fine.

Any ideas?
You seem to be using a 1.1 snapshot (thanks, X-Mailer header :-)).  I think the reason why this happens is that the mailer is still using gnome-vfs while the summary uses Soup, and doesn't use the proxy settings from GNOME VFS.

Iain, are you planning to fix this?

-- Ettore