Re: [Evolution] Q: How to access mail server behind firewall with ssh?

If you're already using ssh, it should be trivial:

ssh -Lport:remotehost:143 ...login stuff

That will forward connections to the local port of 'port' to the
'remotehost' port 143 (imap).

Then you just setup your local mail configuration to use localhost:port