Re: [Evolution] Re: Newsgroups as a groupware feature
- From: Not Zed <notzed ximian com>
- To: Not Zed <notzed ximian com>
- Cc: Martin-Éric Racine <q-funk pp fishpool fi>, Evolution List <evolution ximian com>
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] Re: Newsgroups as a groupware feature
- Date: 23 May 2002 09:48:39 +0930
On Wed, 2002-05-22 at 17:44, Not Zed wrote:
On Wed, 2002-05-22 at 10:31, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
On a related issue, whatever happened to the embryonic NNTP support that once
crept into Evolution? Will that be further developped?
It got rewritten, but is still disabled by default since we dont want to
have to support it yet. It mostly works, for reading only, and is
relatively reliable etc.
Actually I take some of that back. It doesn't seem to work terribly
well just right now (at least, doesn't recover connection drops),
although it is probably minor things wrong with the basic code.
I wanted to try get the evolution mailing lists setup as a nntp service
so it would generate some demand/need to have news working well, and
make it easier to browse without having to subscribe/get copies of it (i
hate web archives myself). But I dont know how far that got, then lost
interest since I got too busy to work on it too.
] [Thread Prev