Re: [Evolution] CVS Evolution: message toolbar and spell-checking

On 21 May 2002, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

On Tue, 2002-05-21 at 15:33, Ujwal S. Sathyam wrote:
1. When I open messages in a new window, there is no toolbar with the
"Reply", "Forward", etc. buttons.

These were removed on purpose. It was redesigned to be less confusing
and more like the way it is done on the Mac.

More confusing is how I would call it.  There is no way I can decide if I wanna
Reply, Forward or Delete a message, without having the text it contains in front
of me; the folder overview is not enough for this, while being forced to enable
the preview pane to get around it is not desirable either.  Keeping things the
way they currently are in 1.0.x, with the toolbar also present in the separate
message viewing window, is the correct course of action.

--
Martin-Éric Racine, Helsinki, Finland.
http://www.pp.fishpool.fi/~q-funk/