Re: [Evolution] Filter Rules

On Fri, 2002-05-17 at 23:37, Jonathan F. Dill wrote:
I switched to using Vfolders instead of filters.  I ignore the INBOX and
look in the Vfolders to read the messages.  You can add rules to
Vfolders like "Does not contain" or "Is not" to exclude the mailing list
from a Vfolder.  I also turned on "View -> Hide Deleted" so when I
delete a message in one Vfolder it just "disappears" though I have to
make a habit to Empty Trash so my mail does not become too full.

You can also turn on an automatic 'trash' emptying when you exit,
although, sometimes it doens't work very reliably.

A nice thing about Vfolders is that messages can belong to more than one
Vfolder without having more than one copy of the message.  Another nice
thing is that a Vfolder can span all of your local and remote folders,
for example I can have a Vfolder with Sender -> Contains and Recipients
-> Contains and have all of the e-mails from/to that person as far back
as I have saved messages.  Or you could just include specific folders in
the list.

The only thing I don't like about Vfolders right now is that I cannot
have subfolders in the Vfolders, and the list is getting a bit long.

Yeah we should fix that some day ...