Re: solved! Re: [Evolution] system freeze

Le sam 11/05/2002 à 05:21, martin a écrit :
Hi all!

i compiled a kernel for a 386 and was online the whole night, xmms was
playing mp3-Files and evolution was looking for mail. No Freezes!

So .. it must have to do with my CPU, but the "nopentium" and other
options is not enough, it must be a nopentium-kernel.

Thanks for your help, i hope this problem comes not again .

The problem may come again with userspace applications if they overload
your bus. It comes from a badly set register on our motherboard.
You should try the latest stable kernel (2.4.18, or 2.4.19-pre8-ac1), it
contains a fix especially for this problem (AMD on VIA). Compile your
kernel with AMD optimizations.

        Xav