[Evolution] Re: [Evolution-hackers] Scripting in evolution

On Thu, 2002-05-09 at 15:13, Mark R. Bowyer wrote:

There are two kinds of "Scripting in email clients", and I think people are
getting confused between them here.  I don't think *anyone* would say that
scripts in the emails should be supported - Andy says he's not looking for
javascript in mails right at the top.

If he wants to execute arbitrary unix commands from events triggered
within evolution (eg someone mails you something and then evolution
executes something outside of evolution) then it has the potential for
misuse.  That's why I asked what he wanted scripting for.  I wouldn't
want someone to mail me a perl script and just by viewing it, I run it.

Some of the things people are suggesting don't sound bad at all in
theory.

--
Brian