Re: [Evolution] Re: [Evolution-hackers] Scripting in evolution

On Thu, 2002-05-09 at 14:28, Jonathan F. Dill wrote:
On Thu, 2002-05-09 at 14:06, Brian wrote:
On Thu, 2002-05-09 at 13:45, Andy Cedilnik wrote:

I know this is border-line ms propaganda, but what do you think about
scripting support in Evolution?

Why would you want such a feature?

Intelligent spam filtering, spam reporting.  Auto-send "remove" or
"unsubscribe" e-mails.  Add custom applets to the UI perhaps?

I would no more want Evolution to do those things than I would want it
to "automagically dial the internet" as someone suggested earlier.

The biggest bane of Outlook world has been scripting and automatic
execution of third party executables of some form or stripe.  Maybe I'm
in the minority on this one, but I just want a really good mailer
without the potential for harm.  I think I could live without such a
"feature".

--
Brian