Re: [Evolution] a couple of issues

On Thu, 2002-05-09 at 13:36, Danny Wilson wrote:
Hi,

I'm a new user, having installed linux a few times but never really
committing to it. Until now, and that was mainly due to Evolution.
Anyway, I'm not sure what's been discussed already, but here goes...

- Backing up. What's the best way to back up my mail and then get back
to where I was if something bad happened, say a hard drive failure. Can
I just copy a folder?

Yes.  Just copy them as normal files.

- Is there a way to change the default columns or to change to columns
in all the folders?

apparently 1.1.x has something like this.

- Now this is probably a feature wish. When Evolution is automatically
checking mail accounts I'd like it not to pop up an alert that I have to
clear when it gets an error. Rather just ignore it and try again later,
it's most likely the connection or the other server anyway and it's a
matter of waiting for it to come good again. I'm sure this must bug
other people with always on internet connections. The pop-ups could just
come up when the mail check is manually initiated.

If the popups are there, it doesn't stop it checking later, so you can
just leave it there and ignore it.