[Evolution] a couple of issues

Hi,

I'm a new user, having installed linux a few times but never really
committing to it. Until now, and that was mainly due to Evolution.
Anyway, I'm not sure what's been discussed already, but here goes...

- Backing up. What's the best way to back up my mail and then get back
to where I was if something bad happened, say a hard drive failure. Can
I just copy a folder?

- Is there a way to change the default columns or to change to columns
in all the folders?

- Now this is probably a feature wish. When Evolution is automatically
checking mail accounts I'd like it not to pop up an alert that I have to
clear when it gets an error. Rather just ignore it and try again later,
it's most likely the connection or the other server anyway and it's a
matter of waiting for it to come good again. I'm sure this must bug
other people with always on internet connections. The pop-ups could just
come up when the mail check is manually initiated.

Thanks,
Danny.