Re: [Evolution] Red Hat 7.2 Palm Pilot help...

On Thu, 2002-05-02 at 16:27, Lance Raymond wrote:
sorry if you get this 2ce, mail client error...anyway....

read through a lot of the archives and can't find a fix /
solution yet.  I am kinda new to Linux but learning by leaps & bounds
and now I am stuck with my palm...pilot that is.

I am running Red Hat 7.2, and using the pilot-link (0.9.5) at the
terminal level I can see, as well as write files from the palm (using
the pilot-address -w command)

In Evolution under tools, pilot I do see the pilot there (using
/dev/pilot) under sync.actions the setting is "use conduit settings"  I
tried changing to sync with palm, etc.  but none work, and it reverts
back to use conduit settings.  When I hit the sync button it does
connect, changes to identifying user, then synchronizing, then finally
cleaning up but I can remember when sync'ing with Outlook etc. it did
say syncing contacts, addresses etc.

Yah, there is a bug in gnome-pilot, wrt to setting the sync status for
all pilot conduits.  If you want visual feedback, install the pilot
applet.

-JP
JP Rosevear                             jpr ximian com
Ximian Inc.                             http://www.ximian.com