Re: [Evolution] poll: patch to optionally disable HTML mail.

Having the HTML as an attachment will work too, of course.
I'm just curious if any preprocessing of the HTML occurs before it is
viewed? I know that the damage possibilities in Linux and far smaller

Yes.  Currently the maximum amount of processing that can occur for a
text/html part:

 - MIME decoding at upper level (boundary detection etc).
 - quoted printable/base64 decoding
 - charset conversion (to utf8)
 - indexing, which involves parsing the html tags and stripping them
out, and then indexing the text left over (including some tag texts).
This only happens moving a message to a local mailbox though.

This occurs before you even see the message.

than in Windows, but still something could turn up that would be a
problem, typically because of scripting or plugins.
Plugins are not supported at all, right? I don't think they should be in
the mail program...

Its possible to have automatically loaded in-line bonobo activated
objects to display data, I think.  e.g. when you get vcard.  These could
potentially do anything with any specific type attachment.