Re: [Evolution] Problems in CVS - Known?

On Fri, 2002-03-22 at 18:58, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:
    1) Evolution has become MUCH less stable.  It crashes/freezes quite
    regularly this last week or two (usually within 30 minutes).

This is related to issue 3, it seems.  Whenever Evolution seems slow or
acting like it's going to crash, the executive-summary is eating a CPU.

The crash is soup being bad.

    notice that it is using 99.8% of CPU.  Luckily I have two of them, so I
    can continue to work, and the other threads can continue (other than the
    aformentioned freezes).  Notice the CPU time allocated to the process
    after 17-18 minutes.
    >From PS:
    24476 ?        R     16:39 evolution-executive-summary

It looks like it is in a hard loop.  Here is a snapshot of what was
shown when I attached to the pid using strace.  This series of output
repeats ad infinitum, with only the second number in the braces of
"gettimeofday" changing.

Upgrade soup.

iain
--
"Everybody thinks of changing humanity and nobody thinks of changing
himself"