Re: [Evolution] installation without ximian gnome

On Wed, 2002-03-20 at 21:08, Bruce Park wrote:
Hello,

I just installed evoultion on my linux workstation and I can't seem to
launch the program. Can anyone tell me what I need to do? I've looked under
both programs and applications and nothing was there.

bp

Open up a shell window and type "evolution" (without the quotes).
By default, the program is installed in the /usr/bin directory,
so if just typing "evolution" results in a "command not found"
error message, try typing "/usr/bin/evolution" (again, without
the quotes).

Whatever window manager/desktop combination you use probably has some
GUI means of accomplishing the same thing. For example, under Gnome
the main menu has a "Run" item. If you select that, you'll get a small
window into which you can type whatever command you want. Your window
manager/desktop combination probably also has some provision for
creating a command icon of some sort on your desktop or panel or
toolbar, whichever you happen to have on your desktop.

I hope this helps.

Tony