[Evolution] evolution stopped generating any gui display

I'm running debian unstable on x86 platform.   Today I tried adding
a new contact for an organization with a long name,
"Folkways Center for the North Georgia Mountains"
or something similar.  evolution tried to fold, truncate, and
comma the name for the "display as" field.  I hand edited the
"display as" field to straighten it out to the full, uncomma'ed name.

When I clicked on save everything hung and I had to manually
kill everything to clear the screen.

Ever since, I cannot run evolution.  Whether I hand enter the
command 'evolution' or click on the menu pick for it, it fails
to display anything.  Running a 'ps' command shows a single
'evolution' process running, but nothing is displayed on the
screen.  When run from a shell no errors are displayed in
the shell window.  I've gone looking in /var/logs to see if
anything was showing up there and I'm not seeing anything.

If this problem has been discussed before I'ld appreciate
a pointer to the month/year that it happened and I'll dig into
the archives.  If it is a bug I'ld appreciate a url for evolution's
bug reporting page.

Thanks for helping out,
Heitzso
heitzso bellsouth net