Re: [Evolution] Just got Evolution

On 木, 2002-03-14 at 10:56, Mark Neill wrote:
On 14 Mar 2002, Rob Hudson wrote:
        * Is there any way of having a signature file be an executable
          instead of flat text?

I'd like to know this too.  :)

My hack for doing this kind of thing is to have my sig file be a named
pipe.  Out of cron, every N minutes, read the pipe to empty it, then run
your executable to refill it.

To do this right, you'll need a little daemon program that sits on the
pipe and watches for something to read from it, then refills it after the
other program closes.  Not trivial, but not too difficult to do.

I use a little program by Ian Macdonald <ian caliban org> called
signature,  a dynamic signature generator for e-mail and news, for this.
It's very easy to set up and use. Try it:
http://www.caliban.org/linux_signature.html
--
Stuart Luppescu -=- s-luppescu uchicago edu
University of Chicago -=- CCSR