Re: [Evolution] Just got Evolution
- From: Mark Neill <mark thisismyown com>
- To: Rob Hudson <rob euglug net>
- Cc: Evolution List <evolution ximian com>
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] Just got Evolution
- Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 11:56:42 -0500 (EST)
On 14 Mar 2002, Rob Hudson wrote:
* Is there any way of having a signature file be an executable
instead of flat text?
I'd like to know this too. :)
My hack for doing this kind of thing is to have my sig file be a named
pipe. Out of cron, every N minutes, read the pipe to empty it, then run
your executable to refill it.
To do this right, you'll need a little daemon program that sits on the
pipe and watches for something to read from it, then refills it after the
other program closes. Not trivial, but not too difficult to do.
] [Thread Prev