[Evolution] Just got Evolution

Overall opinion? Groovy.

It allows each persona to have different outgoing SMTP servers, which I
need. It has decent IMAP support, which I also need. It's got decent
HTML rendering support, which I want, and it has an option to to fetch
inline images of the net, which is absolutely necessary. It even seems
to run reasonably fast, although it does gobble memory.

Unfortunately, there are, as always, some quibbles...

        * Is there any way to *not* sort folder lists alphabetically?
          I'd like to arrange them with the inbox at the top.
        * When I delete a message, it shows up in the Trash folder but
          isn't actually put there. This can lead to weirdnesses like
          90% of the messages in the Trash vanishing when I delete the
          folder that they were actually stored in, but weren't shown
          in. Aargh. Is this necessary?
        * IMAP and POP3 support seems a bit flaky when the server at the
          other end is firewalled (my fault). They don't clean up
          properly after themselves and I ended up having to manually
          kill processes.
        * How do I see the full headers in a message?
        * Is there any way of having a signature file be an executable
          instead of flat text?
        * How do I change the fonts in the folder and message lists?
        * Hey, look! ASCII bullet points! I like it.

If any of these are in the FAQ --- which I can't find, the only thing
around seems to be the Ximian corporate FAQ --- feel free to flame.

Evolution is a very neat piece of kit, and I'm definitely going to keep
using it.

--
+- David Given --------McQ-+ "The time has come," Mithrandir said, "To
talk
|  Work: dg tao-group com  | of many things: Of Moria, and bridges, and
deep
|  Play: dg cowlark com    | fissures --- of Balrogs, and their wings."
---
+- http://www.cowlark.com -+ Meneldil on rasfw