Re: [Evolution] re: Newbie question - Getting mail off Hotmail Account

Hello,
Thanks for the reply, and the pointer to GotMail - I'll certainly look into it.

I have another question along the same lines though - perhaps an explanation of the situation here might be in order, please bear with me, as I want to ensure I explain everything clearly.

My FreeBSD machine is on a 56K Internet dial up connection at home. Although its available, I've never used the email accounts offered by my ISP (as mentioned before, I have had my Hotmail account for years, now, and I'm quite happy with it).

As such, I'm interested in the follwing set-up:

=> Retain my Hotmail Account
=> Continue using present dial-up connection
=> Use GotMail to pull email from Hotmail to a designated user mbox account on the FreeBSD system
=> Use Evolution to read email from said designated user mbox

Is the above possible, given that when first configuring Evolution I get asked for my ISP's mail server info to set up user accounts? As mentioned above, I'm even using the ISP's email facility here, so I'm a bit stumped as to what I should enter in these fields.

I simply want to continue getting my Hotmail email (as I used to under WIN2K / Outlook Express). Only now under FreeBSD, I'm hoping to replicate this using Evolution and a script like GotMail.

Please let me know what you think..,

Thanks again to all that got back to me. Looking forward to hearing what you guys say on this.

Regards,
Stacey