[Evolution] Problem compling cvs version of evolution

Hey:

I've been trying to compile evolution, and, as the README says, its a
bit complex, but I seem to be getting there.  I finally got the
autogen/configure to run the way I wanted, but when I compile, I run
into a series of problems.  I've gotten this far on my own, but I think
I've hit a brick wall.  Here's the deal:

I'm using gtkhtml v. 1.0.1, which apparently uses gal v 19.  I've
upgraded my libgal to version 20, but gtkhtml is still using v19.  There
is a warning that there may be some conflicts.  What actually happens is
more interesting  In trying to link .libs/evolution-mail, I get an error
saying that in mailcallbacks.c line 2808, there is an undefined
reference to gtk_html_print_get_pages_num.  This is followed by a slew
of undefined references from e-msg-composer.c to things that all begin
with GNOME_GtkHTML_Editor_Engine_*.

This lead me to believe that my gtkhtml might need to be upgraded.  So I
pulled the sources from the library, and tried to configure and
compile.  It complains that I don't have the capplet libraries
installed.  I checked, and I have libcapplet.so.0, libcapplet.so.0.0.0,
libcapplet.so.1, and libcapplet.so.1.0.0.  I checked gnome-config, and
it agrees that I don't have capplets installed.  For previous packages,
this means that there is a devel rpm that I haven't found, but I can't
locate it.  So I can't upgrade my gtkhtml.

Sorry for the long lead in, but here's my questions:

Am I right in thinking I need to upgrade gtkhtml?
If so, how do I install the capplet stuff so it can be recognized?
Is there a more efficient path?

Any help appreciated, and I apologize for taking up your time.