[Evolution] IMAP over SSL
- From: Xavier Bestel <n0made free fr>
- To: Evolution User Mailing-List <evolution ximian com>
- Subject: [Evolution] IMAP over SSL
- Date: 30 Jun 2002 16:17:00 +0200
I tried setting up an SSL link to my IMAP server, but it ain't work...
Here is how I did:
- First I verified it works without SSL over the standard port. It
- Then I set up an sslwrap on port 993. I tested it by talking to the
server with telnet -z ssl <myserver> 993. I can talk to it, login and
logout, so it works.
- Then I set up a new account with Evo. I choose IMAPv4, in the host
field I enter <myserver>:993, I check the "use SSL" checkbox.
- When I click the "Verify supported types" button, I have a dialog
waying: 'Error during "Verification Service", Server unexpectedky
disconnected: IO Error' (roughly, it's translated from French)
What did I do wrong ? How to fix that ?
] [Thread Prev