Re: [Evolution] Feature Request?

On Thu, 2002-06-27 at 10:51, Steve Chaney wrote:
I could be asking a dumb or previously asked question, but...

Is it possible to:
a) automate (within Evolution) the process of backing up one's settings
and email and vfolders, etc., etc., into a file which evolution can auto
recover lost data if needed be? (I do this already, manually, with
scripts. I'm just theenking of the less savvy user.)

this is most easily done with cron. Just write a script to copy
~/evolution to another location.

b) compress the mail files and whatnot, with gzip or bzip2, so as to
save up on disk space? Then uncompress on the fly during file-read?
(Would this constantly and forever eat up cpu power/time or RAM?)

No, but I suppose it could be written. Not really sure how bad
performance would be, probably extremely bad on mbox formatted mailboxes
but might not be so bad with Maildir?

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast