Re: [Evolution] how many people actually use pgp over gpg, and why?

On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 09:31, Michael Rothwell wrote:
On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 20:04, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
I have just recently rewritten support for gnupg using the --status-fd
[...]
Evolution 1.1.x. I would also like to know why you won't use gnupg.

I don't know anyone who uses PGP anymore. Even people using crypto on
Windows are using gpg these days, in my limited experience. Plus, GPG is
free, portable, and available, whereas PGP is not free and has been 'end
of lifed,' so to speak.

Then you should get out and meet more people. :-)

I use PGP when on Windows, since there are no decent GPG plugins for my
MUA (Pegasus). And I know of at least 2 others who use PGP on Windows.
There's also no decent GUI for GPG on Windows, and most Windows users
wouldn't know a command line if it bit them. :-)

PGP public key:
<http://www.mike-leone.com/~turgon/turgon-public-key.gpg>

These are the memories which make me a wealthy soul ...