[Evolution] SMTP problems

Hi all

I just started trying Evo for the first time earlier this week, with a Man8.2
upgrade. So far I really enjoy it, but I am experiencing one problem. I've
looked through a few FAQs, etc, but cannot find anything.

When I send/receive messages, the SMTP will not work (currently works fine
with KMail). I get an error window "SMTP server smtp.mweb.co.za does not
support requested authentication type PLAIN". I've tried setting the smtp
server as "smtp.mweb.co.za:25" to set the port; no good. I've also tried all
combinations of  "Use secure connection (SSL)" and "Server requires
authentication" in the settings. I'm not sure what else to try, anyone have
any ideas? Has this previously been discussed?

thanks
thomasp