Re: [Evolution] Working offline/cache

On Tue, 2002-06-04 at 11:19, Richard Zach wrote:
How long do messages from IMAP servers stay in the local cache? I look
at a message, go offline, and in every other case or so I get "This
message is not currently available".

They never get deleted, or expired, or anything.  They only get removed
if you remove the message.  Well assuming bugfree execution, that is how
the code was written to behave.

Also note, that when you go offline, it only retrieves unread messages.
So if they were marked read somewhere outside of evolution, they wont
get downloaded, or if you didn't read a given 'part' of the message,
like attachments, but you read some of it (enough to set the read flag).

Are you looking at a message then going offline before its finished
downloading or something?  The code is chock full of races that might
make situations like that unreliable.