Re: [Evolution] Printing broken in Evolution 1.0.8

On Mon, 2002-07-22 at 15:06, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:

I finally got around hooking up a printer and configuring it using CUPS 1.1
(quite wonderful piece of software - MUCH better than APSfilter).

However, whenever attempting to print out from Evolution (Ximian 1.0.8), all I
get is the top grey box and none of the text.  This is using standard ISO-8859-1
encoding, on Debian Woody.

I tried looking for help files or other hints, but all I found is a vague "If
you are already familiar with the way Gnome printing works, you'll have no
problem printing from Evolution" bit somewhere.  Great...  What if I don't?

My question remains open. Is there some magic trick to get Evolution to print?
Abiword and other Gnome apps print as expected, so does Open Office. What gives?

Hmm, in my case it's just a question of invoking the appropriate lpr
command from the print dialog. That cause evolution to print ---
although, it seems to require color output, and the format appears to be
US Letter (ugh).

Anyone running 1.1.x and using printing? Can one customize the output
format there?

--
Dr Dirk Husemann, Pervasive Computing, IBM Research, Zurich Research Lab
        hud zurich ibm com --- http://www.zurich.ibm.com/~hud/