Re: [Evolution] How to digitally sign emails using certificate

On Mon, 2002-07-15 at 19:21, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
On 15 Jul 2002, Not Zed wrote:

On Mon, 2002-07-15 at 16:58, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
What Evolution subcomponents would need to be accessed to code such a module?
In this country (and a few neighboring ones), legally-binding digital signatures
are already enforced by law, only the technology to implement them is missing
(except for Windows, of course...).

Depends on how its done.

See http://www.privador.com/ and their TrueSign technology. That was made in
response to the Estonian Government's e-signature law.

This one is only the tip of the iceberg.  I bet that other countries' technology
think tanks have also invented other solutions that will be legally-binding in
THEIR country.  The point is, Evolution needs a common API that is specifically
designed for integrating document authenticating/signing solutions, beyond PGP,
at least until EU or ISO produces _the_ standard we'll all have to adopt.

Huh?

Yeah whatever.

We have an api, but nothing to put in it.