Re: [Evolution] How to digitally sign emails using certificate

On Mon, 2002-07-15 at 16:58, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
What Evolution subcomponents would need to be accessed to code such a module?
In this country (and a few neighboring ones), legally-binding digital signatures
are already enforced by law, only the technology to implement them is missing
(except for Windows, of course...).

Depends on how its done.

If we do something like the pgp code, which might work in some cases,
then we just need a command that we can execute that can do the various
s/mime operations.  "openssl" part of the OpenSSL package has some
support for s/mime, and it coudl be used.  Then you just need a wrapper
in camel to execute it properly.  We already have a class that should be
subclassed for this, etc (the class can sign/verify/encrypt/descrypt
data basically - no management operations).

To do it 'fully', we'd need a c ssl library (thread safe as well), that
can sit behind the same interfaces (e.g. see camel-multipart-signed for
an object that uses the gpg interfaces we have for pgp mail).