Re: [Evolution] text-mode shell anyone?

On Tue, 2002-07-09 at 01:09, Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:

Actually, I was wondering if this could be incorporated in the taskbar
item for Evo. It would seem to make the most sense.

Is that still doable? If so, consider yourself asked. =]

Taskbar?  Huh?

No idea, can you change taskbar state?  I suppose you can change the
icon?  I dont use it, so i have no idea.

Surely having an applet is teh better choice, that way people can see
their mail status without having evolution running?

I wasn't suggesting it as a choice, but as another option. It's the
option which is most interesting to me. I tend to have Evo open from the
moment I arrive to the moment I depart; I don't care about whether or
not I have mail outside those times (I get ~400 pieces/day ... it's a
certainty that if I'm not reading it, I've got some to read =).

It would also seem that working out something with the taskbar would end
up with code that could be incorporated in the applet, perhaps even
directly by putting that bit of code in a library the applet can be
built against. That feels more elegant than having to maintain the
mail-checking code in Evo and the applet.

Cheers!

--j

--
Jim Meyer, Geek At Large                              purp wildbrain com