[Evolution] evolution sync problem with newest pilot-link

I'm running debian unstable and thusly evolution 1.0.7.  With a recent
package update (I'm not sure which thing broke it), my calendar syncing
has problems.  For instance, if I add a calendar event on my palm pilot,
the event shows up with a single space in evolution, and the same vice
versa.

The version of pilot-link that gpilotd is compiled against is 0.9.5,
while the pilot-link version on my system is 0.10.99.  Any ideas as to a
cause or a solution, or even a "hey, weird, I'm seeing that too"?

--

 `
 ,