Re: [Evolution] Chinese support in Evolution?

On Fri, 2002-07-05 at 10:58, Spencer Cheng wrote:
Yes, it's me again. Sorry.

I found bug #21208 which describes the problem I am having. It is only a
wishlist. There is significant push for Linux in places like China.
Evolution is currently not viable for these people. This is a
Showstopper for 1/4 to 1/2 of the potential world market.

Well that bug is not entirely accurate.  We know of several Korean and
Japanese users who successfully use Evolution.  And it looks mainly like
a font selection problem.

But yeah, its got a way to go before it is perfect.

Since there is such a large potential market, presumably there is also a
large potential developer base - local expertise is probably required in
this case to get the best result.  And evolution is a free project for a
reason - patches for this would be welcome.

What's the process to get this bug raised in priority?

I have no idea ... (i dont work in the office).

Some of this is supposed to be addressed with the gnome 2 platform - so
I think the gtkhtml guys are trying not to expend excessive effort on
something that will be replaced eventually anyway.  The gnome2 port is
several months away from even starting though.