Re: [Evolution] sync

Unison deal with different files, but not difference in files.  It would
have to know the format of the contact DB file.

I see two options
1)  Rsync the files you want (i.e. mail).
2)  Use a Palm device.

#2 always bothers me as it works.  So why can't we create a virtual palm
device that is used for syncing?  We sync to the virtual device.  Copy
the device files to the new system, and unsync. It seems if we have
solved many of the tricky issues for palms, we should have solved it for
other systems.  If we haven't why not use a dummy palm.  It does not
need to replicate the palm OS, just the protocol.