[Evolution] Mail logins with @ in userid?

I have recently switched my email server over to a MySQL driven system where
the pop3 userid is their full email address (joe hiscorp com).

One of my customers seems to be having problems with logging in with
Evolution.

Evolution doesn't appear to be using his login exactly as he entered it but
adding on the mailserver on the end so the end result is Evolution is
attempting to log in as joe hiscorp com@mail.hiscorp.com

He is having no problems if he uses Outlook or Outlook Express.

Is this a known Evolution problem? Any suggestions?

--
Regards,