[Evolution] POP SSL problem: "Operation now in progress"

I've encountered this problem for quite some time and though I've
updated evolution to 1.0.1 I'm still hitting this issue.

I have a POP account for which I want to enable the SSL option.
Currently, I'm using an alternative port to test the SSL connection (I'm
not sure if this has anything to do with the issue, however.)  So my
host string looks like "pop.myhost.com:1925" and I have the SSL option
checked.  However, when I attempt to check mail I get an error:

"Error while 'Fetching Mail':
Could not connect to pop.myhost.com (port 1925): Operation now in
progress."

I've manually tested the connection and verified the service is
available and operating correctly.  Any ideas?

Thanks