[Evolution] mail component crashing

I keep getting the following error printed in an xterm from which I'm
running evolution, as I download e-mail:
evolution-shell-WARNING **: Error changing interactive status of component
OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Mail_ShellComponent to FALSE --
IDL:CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0

Then evolution gives me a popup saying that the mail component has crashed
and I'll have to restart evolution.  This only happens as I'm downloading
my mail.

I've manually deleted the messages off my mail server twice, thinking that
perhaps it is some specific message that is corrupt, but apparently this
is not the case.

~cclay