Re: [Evolution] configuration question for coexisting with procmail

On 23 Jan 2002, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

I can't figure out how to tell evolution to read in all the files in
/home/$user/Mail as mailboxes.

This feature is in the works for version 1.2

Okay, good to know that I just wasn't able to figure it out.

The best I've come up with so far is
manually creating a separate account for every single file under
/home/$user/Mail, which is too ugly a solution to accept (some people have
dozens to hundreds of separate mailboxes under ~/Mail).

Any suggestions?

In the meanwhile, you might try setting up procmail to filter mail into
Maildir format. You can point Evolution 1.0 to a Maildir tree and it'll
find all the subfolders without the need to make a new account for each
folder.

That's not an option because of some of the other software used for mail on
this system.

I guess I'll just not make evolution available for users until 1.2 drops.

thanks,
chris